What are the Benefits of da Vinci Robotic Surgery for General Surgeons?
- The da Vinci system provides surgeons with the ability to work through tiny incisions (1-2 cm).
- Increased precision and dexterity are other key benefits, as is the ability to access spots that might otherwise be impossible to reach. This is partly possible because surgeons have exceptional views of tiny structures using the device's HD camera system.
- Finally, surgeons can sit down during surgery, reducing fatigue, and strain on their neck, back, and legs.
Benefits for Patients
The da Vinci device offers significant benefits for the surgeon as well as the patient. Benefits for the patient include:
- Less pain, less blood loss, and less scarring when procedures are performed with the system
- A quicker return for the patient to their regular activity than if they had undergone a traditional operation.
- Less risk for infection since the incision is small.